Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wakeup & Makeup

I remember watching sister at 2 when i was a kid and the one thing that i always remembered besides the great music was when sister Mary Clarence told a student about a book she read and how the writer said if you wake up and can only think about writing, then your supposes to be a writer. well that's how i feel about makeup. I think about it before bed, dream about it, and wake up thinking about what creative ways i can express my self this morning. Makeup for me, it not just about looking pretty. And this might sound crazy to some people, but it's a way to lose your self in something. to focus on the now, to take my worries away from all the craziness that surrounds me. Applying my makeup is a time i can be stress free. and yeah i do feel pretty.

I love makeup so much i even put on lipstick before i drink my coffee. just because i love seeing a shade on my coffee cup. Talk about addiction. smh. lol. Few months ago i had a dream about this look. A candy inspired look. I have never been so passionate about a look like this one i wanted to do. i woke up and immediately got my note pad and wrote down what i was going to do. After my kids were off to school boy friend gone to work, house work done. I went in on this look. After i was done and looked at the look, i loved it. it wasn't perfect, it wasn't the best i ever saw, if fact my eyeliner was sloppy, my lipstick was too light, and i sucked at blinding.  but i had did it, i didn't look at someones work, nor did i google it or looked on youtube to see if it's been done. i simply just brought to life the vision i had. It was the first time i believed that makeup was something i could really be good at. Something i wanted to get better at, i was proud of my look. I told my self to keep practicing, keep learning, stay inspired. cause for me. it not about being the best, or competing, or even getting 1,000 likes on instagram. I'm not a professional now, I never went to school for it, i just love playing in makeup.And i think it's ok to still call my self a makeup artist. And since i wake up thinking about it, well then i am.

My makeup is not flawless, and it will never be. I think it would make me unhappy if i tried to be perfect. I just love to be creative, and do what makes me happy It's a lot better today. I have learned to blend, practice with eye liner, and started a lipstick collection cause it's my favorite part of makeup.  Sometime i wake up and say to my self look out the window and find something that inspires me. lol .That probably sounds super cheesy. but i do. i do looks that are inspired by the rain, the woods, fall, summer, my kids, even the color the sky looks like when the sun is rising.

so i just want to put it out there to anyone who is passionate about something. if you wake up in the morning and the only thing you can think about is that, i hope you continue to do it and give your self that title.it's ok.
 
The look that changed me

No comments:

Post a Comment